Have you ever wanted to add a custom program to a process model? We will show you how in a few easy steps!
In the process model below, we have added a custom program to email the employee population a notification informing them payroll is complete and that they are now able to view their check stub. Keep reading for all the steps we took to accomplish this task.
The first thing you will need to do is make a few changes to the custom program so that it can work within the process model. You can elect to copy the program and create a separate program that works with in the process model or modify an existing program. We choose to modify the program so it would work both in the process model and out of it. The main reason we choose to modify the program was because it would be easier to maintain one program going forward. If other changes or enhancements were needed in the future we would only have one program to update verse two programs. In our case, maintaining one program was the most effective approach.
The key is to adjust the custom program so that it can accept the information needed to run from the process model and then be able to send back information so that the process model can continue in its logical flow.
Here are the modifications you will need for the custom program:
1. Add the Include RPUPMF00 to your program. This has various routines for HR payroll process model for encapsulation and data declaration of PM APIs. This include is used for a version of reports using PNP. For non-PNP reports you can use the include RPUPMDP3 and <CNTN01> instead.
2. You will want to add the following code before the GET PERNR command that will test whether the program is running within a process mode, and if so, get the object type for PERNR:
IF NOT pyparaid IS INITIAL.
g_obj_type = cl_hr_pm_st_object_type=>get_obj_type( "!
imp_obj_type = 'PERNR' ). "!
3. If the process model needs to know the results of processing for each PERNR, then to set the status, perform either of the following two routines (found in include RPUPMF00) after the Get PERNR and before the END-OF-SELECTION:
PM_REJECT - you must pass a parameter of either 'S' for skip or 'R' for reject.
PM_SUCCESS - No parameters needed. This will set the status to successful for the PERNR.
This will cause the program to report to the process model the status of the email program (counts of successes and rejects), which can be reviewed by another FM within the process model, and determine whether to proceed or not.
Once you have completed the changes to the custom program you will need to add a node in the process model. In adding this program we used the program category CLJN Print Payroll Journal.
Don’t forget to test thoroughly after adding the custom program to the process model.
ABOUT HR FOCAL POINT
- When time, accuracy and high-quality support are essential, HR Focal Point's precision approach to SAP HCM solutions is the clear choice.
- HR Focal Point has been the SAP HCM expert since 2004 with hundreds of years of combined consulting experience its team.
- HR Focal Point has the SAP HCM experts that will allow you to achieve your goals on time, on point and on budget, thus maximizing your ROI.
- HR Focal Point offers a flexible engagement model so you only pay for the services you require, when you require them.
- As an SAP Services Partner, HR Focal Point is known for delivering high-quality solutions, in support of SAP HCM, that are completed accurately and on schedule.
- HR Focal Point has partnered with SuccessFactors to develop and deliver innovative Cloud solutions, including Employee Central Payroll, for their clients.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HR Focal Point
Telephone: +1 855.464.4737