There are numerous reasons to delete payroll results. The SAP system often provides integrity checks to make sure that the deletion of payroll results will not cause any issue for downstream processes, such as production runs of FICO posting and bank transfer. On the other hand, once a payroll result is deleted, it may be necessary to retrace the steps taken for troubleshooting or auditing purposes.
Unlike the deletion of individual infotype records, there is no long term HR document logging system to keep track of deleted payroll results. However, there is a rarely used functionality within SAP which allows the user to trace the deletion history of payroll results (as well as complete employee record deletions).
In order to review the deletion history of payroll results, go to transaction SLG1. This transaction can also be assessed via the Tools sub-menu under the individual country Payroll menu folder.
Once the report selection screen appears, enter “HRPU” in the Object field. This will allow you to review the history of deleted payroll results. Please make sure the Time Restriction selections are specified for the desired period to avoid long run times.
When the results are displayed, the system will show a general listing of the date and time, the user, and the program/transaction used for the payroll results deletion.
To review any of the individual results, click on the line item and the details are displayed in the lower window.
This utility provides other reporting capacities as well such as querying complete employee master data deletions. If you select “HRDELPN” as the Object selection, the utility will display any complete employee deletions based on your selection criteria. As always, please be cognizant of the date range selection to avoid long run times.
ABOUT HR FOCAL POINT
- When time, accuracy and high-quality support are essential, HR Focal Point's precision approach to SAP HCM solutions is the clear choice.
- HR Focal Point has been the SAP HCM expert since 2004 with hundreds of years of combined consulting experience its team.
- HR Focal Point has the SAP HCM experts that will allow you to achieve your goals on time, on point and on budget, thus maximizing your ROI.
- HR Focal Point offers a flexible engagement model so you only pay for the services you require, when you require them.
- As an SAP Services Partner, HR Focal Point is known for delivering high-quality solutions, in support of SAP HCM, that are completed accurately and on schedule.
- HR Focal Point has partnered with SuccessFactors to develop and deliver innovative Cloud solutions, including Employee Central Payroll, for their clients.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HR Focal Point
Telephone: +1 855.464.4737