Dynamic selections enable you to use additional selection fields to define reports in the standard system. The selection fields previously were limited to the fields that were in infotype 0000 and 0001. With Dynamic Selection, all of the fields in all of the infotypes are available for use. Even the custom infotypes.
A dialog box that displays all available (configured) dynamic selections enables you to select the dynamic selections (fields) that you want to use. The same dialog box enables you to enter the values required for individual fields. These fields and values are transferred to the database in order to limit the results to the personnel numbers that match the selection fields.
The Dynamic Selection option is invoked by clicking on the button shown below
The fields which are available as dynamic selections are determined using the report category to which a report is assigned. The report category defines not only the standard selection screen of the logical database, but also determines the selection view. Enhancing an SAP report this way is not the same as modifying it because the report is enhanced by assigning the report category. The actual program object is not changed.
If you want to use dynamic selections in a report or query, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You must define a selection view that contains the required field (by doing so, you determine that the field in question can generally be used as a dynamic selection).
- You must use Customizing for the Human Resources Information System to define a report category to which you assign the selection view.
- You must assign the report to a report category. Queries are always assigned to report category ___X2001. This means you must adjust the report category accordingly if you want to use dynamic selections in queries. They are then valid for all of the queries in the system.
Procedure to Create Dynamic Selections
Create Selection View:
- Choose Tools -> ABAP Workbench-> Overview -> Object Navigator.
- In the Development class field, enter the development class to which the selection view must be assigned (= customer development class).
- Choose Edit object.
- Select Selection view.
- Choose Create.
- Select For any tables, and enter a name that starts with PNP in the Name of view field (for example, PNP_CUS_01).
- Choose Check Mark.
- In the Tables dialog box, enter the database tables of the infotypes from which the fields for your dynamic selections are taken (for example, PA0167 for infotype 167).
- Choose Check Mark.
- In the Functional groups group box, enter a number and name for the functional group (for example, 01 and Dynamic Selections).
- You can group your dynamic selections together in a functional group, or you can group them together by infotype. If you choose the latter option, dynamic se$lections are sorted by infotype when queries are executed.
- In the Tables/Nodes group box, select an infotype for processing by double clicking on it.
- In the Table fields/Node fields group box, enter the number of the functional group or groups in the input fields displayed in front of the fields you want to use as dynamic selections (for example, 01).
- If you want a field to be immediately available as a dynamic selection when a query is executed, select its Preselection checkbox.
- If fields are not included in the preselection, you can use them as dynamic selections as required.
- Choose Save.
Define Report Category With Selection View
- Access Customizing for the Human Resources Information System (by choosing Tools -> AcceleratedSAP -> Customizing -> Edit Project -> SAP Reference IMG: Personnel Management -> Human Resources Information System).
- Choose Reporting -> Adjusting the Standard Selection Screen -> Create Report Categories.
- Create a report category. When you do so, enter the name of the selection view that you created in the Name of selection view field.
- Save your report category.
If you require general information on how to create report categories, see the documentation on the Customizing activity. If you create report categories for dynamic selections, SAP advises you to make a copy of a standard report category (whose other properties meet your requirements), and to then use your selection view in the new report category
ABOUT HR FOCAL POINT
- When time, accuracy and high-quality support are essential, HR Focal Point's precision approach to SAP HCM solutions is the clear choice.
- HR Focal Point has been the SAP HCM expert since 2004 with hundreds of years of combined consulting experience its team.
- HR Focal Point has the SAP HCM experts that will allow you to achieve your goals on time, on point and on budget, thus maximizing your ROI.
- HR Focal Point offers a flexible engagement model so you only pay for the services you require, when you require them.
- As an SAP Services Partner, HR Focal Point is known for delivering high-quality solutions, in support of SAP HCM, that are completed accurately and on schedule.
- HR Focal Point has partnered with SuccessFactors to develop and deliver innovative Cloud solutions, including Employee Central Payroll, for their clients.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HR Focal Point
Telephone: +1 855.464.4737