Standard SAP provides a report to track changes that were performed to infotypes, as configured by the customer. The report “Logged Changes in Infotype Data” (RPUAUD00) can be very helpful in determining what changes were made and when to an infotype by allowing you to view the audit trail.
In order for infotype changes to be logged, standard table configuration is required. Not only can SAP delivered infotypes be logged, but custom infotypes can also be configured to enable an audit trail of changes to Infotype data. The steps below walk you through the process to setup an Infotype for logging by configuring the following tables:
- T585A (HR Documents: Infotypes to be Logged)
- T585B (HR Documents: Field Group Definition)
- T585C (HR Documents: Field Group Characteristics)
Step 1 - Table T585A
First add the Infotype to view V_T585A using transaction SM30:
Choose New Entries and fill in the required data. The transaction class value of ‘A’ represents Master Data and Time Data:
Save and Exit
Step 2 - Table T585B
Next make an entry in V_T585B using transaction SM30:
Choose New Entries and fill in the required data. At this point you can specify (under Field Name) specific fields that need to be logged, or use an * for all fields. Based on your requirements, you may also want to set a specific Field group. Field groups determine how changes to multiple fields are grouped into change documents in the log. There is also an indicator for Additional Logging (A/L) that can be used to capture the additional controlling data associated with some Infotypes
Save and Exit.
Step 3 - Table T585C
The final table entry will be in V_T585C using SM30:
Choose New Entries and fill in the required data. Make a new Entry for the Infotype you are adding and specify the appropriate document type for your requirement. SAP recommends using long term documents “L” for audit logging and reporting.
Save and Exit.
Step 4 - Running the Report
Upon completion of the table configuration, any changes to the configured infotypes will be logged, and can be reviewed using report RPUAUD00 (Logged Changes in Infotype Data). Please note that this report does not take into account any security restrictions on the infotype data. The transaction code for RPUAUD00 is S_AHR_61016380.
The menu path to execute the report is:
The selection screen is shown below:
Enter the desired Personnel number or range use and the infotype for which you want to view logged changes. The search can be further narrowed by a date in “Changed on” or a specific user in “Changed by”. Generally choosing Long-term documents is selected.
Select Execute and the output is presented:
To see more detail double click the line you are interested in. A subsequent screen is presented with details on what was changed for each field and when:
Hopefully, this information can help you solve issues in the future on who changed data and when.
ABOUT HR FOCAL POINT
- When time, accuracy and high-quality support are essential, HR Focal Point's precision approach to SAP HCM solutions is the clear choice.
- HR Focal Point has been the SAP HCM expert since 2004 with hundreds of years of combined consulting experience its team.
- HR Focal Point has the SAP HCM experts that will allow you to achieve your goals on time, on point and on budget, thus maximizing your ROI.
- HR Focal Point offers a flexible engagement model so you only pay for the services you require, when you require them.
- As an SAP Services Partner, HR Focal Point is known for delivering high-quality solutions, in support of SAP HCM, that are completed accurately and on schedule.
- HR Focal Point has partnered with SuccessFactors to develop and deliver innovative Cloud solutions, including Employee Central Payroll, for their clients.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HR Focal Point
Telephone: +1 855.464.4737