President Obama and Secretary Perez announced the publication of the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Final Rule updating overtime regulations on May 18, 2016. This new publication may automatically extend overtime pay protections to employees within your organization.
HR Focal Point’s team is ‘at the ready’ to assist your organization with the configuration of the rule changes within SAP. The DOL overtime rules will need to be implemented by the effective date, December 1, 2016. Because of the short implementation timeline, we encourage you to begin implementation soon. Being proactive in getting your system configured, ensures that you will avoid complications during year-end payroll and compensation processing. Please check with your legal department for full details.
Contact our team today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can assist in configuring your system to aide your organization in being compliant with the DOL overtime rule by the effective date, December 1, 2016.
- DOL Final Rule: Overtime - Frequently Asked Questions
- Video: DOL Overtime Rule
- Guidance for Private Employers on Changes to the White Collar Exemptions in the Overtime Final Rule
- Fact Sheet: Final Rule to Update the Regulations Defining and Delimiting the Exemption for Executive, Administrative, and Professional Employees
- Small Entity Compliance Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act’s “White Collar” Exemptions
- Guidance for Higher Education Institutions on Paying Overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Current Regulations, Proposed Rule and Final Rule Comparison
- State-by-State Breakdowns of Workers Affected by DOL’s Final Overtime Regulation
- Basic Requirements for Claiming a White Collar Exemption under the Standard Duties Test